Chicken Tacos with Mandarin Salsa
For the grilled chicken:
- 500g skinless chicken tender or breasts, cut into thick strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Zest of 1 Delite mandarin
For the mandarin salsa:
- 2 Delite mandarins, peeled, segments cut into small chunks
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli or jalapeno deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Store bought slaw mix or 1 cup each combined: shaved red cabbage, green cabbage and shredded carrot
- chipotle or sriracha mayonnaise (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Preheat the grill or pan to medium high heat.
- Mix the chicken, vegetable oil, salt, spices and mandarin zest together until well combined. Season with salt. Grill or pan fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes, until cooked through and slightly charred.
- Combine the mandarins, red onion, chill pepper, lime juice and coriander together. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve the chicken in tortillas layered with slaw mix, mandarin salsa and mayonnaise.