Mandarin and Pecan Muffins
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup mandarin segments, diced
- 1/3 cup pecan nuts, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sugar, extra
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper patty cases.
- Combine flour, half the caster sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- Beat egg, milk and butter in a separate bowl.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in diced mandarin and pecans
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin, sprinkling remaining sugar over muffin tops.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.