Mandarin Chicken and Avocado Salad with Chilli Vinaigrette
- ½ cup freshly squeezed Delite mandarin juice
- 1 Jalepeno chilli
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 Delite mandarins, peeled, sliced into rounds
- 4 cups rocket leaves
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- Simmer mandarin juice in a small saucepan until syrupy and reduced to about 2 Tbsp., 5–8 minutes. Let cool.
- Heat a small heavy skillet over medium- high heat. Cook jalapeño, turning occasionally, until blistered and charred all over, about 8 minutes. (Alternatively, roast jalapeño directly over gas flame, turning occasionally.) Let cool; remove stem, skin, and seeds, then finely chop.
- Whisk shallot, vinegar, reduced mandarin juice, and half of jalapeño in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in vegetable oil, then olive oil. Add remaining jalapeño, if desired. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Toss avocados, mandarins, mint, and vinaigrette in a large bowl; top with chicken.
- TIP Replace chicken with Feta cheese for a meat free salad