- In a stainless steel pot, whisk together sugar, mandarin juice and zest until well blended.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, whisk constantly, until the mixture thickens, bubbles and become translucent.
- Continue to cook for another 30 seconds, and remove heat.
- Allow to stand for a minute then add eggs and vigorously whisk until combined.
- Add a tablespoon of mandarin juice, stir in butter and salt. Put through a strainer to remove any lumps
- Store in enclose container and in the fridge, use as a topping for cakes, tarts etc. Or use in Eton Mess as per the recipe.
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup thick Greek yoghurt
- Vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup Mandarin curd
- 1 box of store bought meringues
- Mandarin segments and berries to serve
Whip cream to soft peaks with a whisk or electric beaters. Fold in yoghurt and a few drops of vanilla essence . Swirl through the mandarin curd.
Layer the curd cream into glasses with some of the meringues and mandarin segments and berries.