Mandarin, Date & Cacao Bars
- 200g Medjool dates, pips removed
- finely grated zest of 2 Delite Mandarins
- 2 Tablespoons Delite Mandarin juice
- 2 Tablespoons tahini (or natural cashewnut or peanut butter)
- 2 Tablespoons pepitas
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 100g (¾ cup) LSA
- 30g (½ cup) raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Line a 20cm x 20cm square cake tin with baking paper, extending the paper over the sides for easy removal later.
- In a food processor, blend dates and half the zest until finely chopped. Add juice and tahini and blend to combine. Add pepitas, sunflower seeds, spice and LSA, cacao powder, spice and salt. Pulse to roughly chop seeds and combine mixture well.
- Firmly press mixture with back of spoon to spread evenly over base of lined tin. Cover surface with sheet of baking paper. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or until firm.
- Meanwhile, spread remaining zest over a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place in preheated 100°C oven and bake for 20 minutes, until zest has dried. Cool.
- Remove date slab from tin and scatter dried mandarin zest over surface and gently press down to stick. Cut slab into small rectangle pieces. To store, wrap the individual pieces in baking paper and keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.