- ½ Delite Mandarin, cut into quarters
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed mandarin juice
- 8 mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 2 teaspoons castor sugar
- 60ml (¼ cup) white rum
- crushed iced, to serve
- quality soda water, to top up
- Press mint leaves between hands with a clap, this releases the aroma. Place mint leaves, the mandarin quarters, juice and sugar into the high ball glass. Using a muddler or rolling pin gently press to crush mandarin pieces with the sugar. The crushing action releases the mandarin juices and essential oils from the skin.
- Add the rum and enough crushed ice to half fill glass. Stir to combine and dissolve sugar.
- Add more crushed ice to fill glass. Top with soda water. Place mint sprig to garnish.