Mandarin & Pistachio Brownie
- 125g unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa, chopped
- 150g (2/3 cup) castor sugar
- 3 Eggs
- finely grated zest from 2 large Delite Mandarins
- 75g (½ cup) plain flour
- 25g (¼ cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 45g (1/3 cup) pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, to dust
- mascarpone, to serve (optional)
- zest from a Delite Mandarin, extra to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl is not touching the water. Stir until the butter and chocolate have melted. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs and zest until pale and creamy. Fold through the flour to mix in. Then fold through the chocolate mixture, then the nuts. Pour into prepared tin. Bake for 25 minutes. Skewer should have moist crumbs when inserted. Cool in tin.
- Cut cake into 16 squares.
- If desired, dust top of brownie with cocoa. Serve with dollop of mascarpone and garnish with extra Delite Mandarin zest.